Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Some (optional) readings.

Class,

I got some queries on additional readings. I'd also resolved to upload some readings to the blog.

Pls find the same below. I'm quoting from an email response I'd sent recently.

First look at the working paper I'd uploaded onto LMS. It has further academic references in its bibliography section. This is for both topic modeling and matrix factorization.

In addition to the above the following could be of use:

========

Topic modeling:

Wikipedia entry on topic models

Topic Modeling 101 simple example

Technical paper on Topic model estimation

========

On Matrix Factorization

A simple introduction to Matrix Factorization

Non-negative matrix factorization in linear algebra (Wiki entry)

Matrix decomposition for data mining (technical paper)

========

These readings are optional from an exam point of view.

Sudhir

5 comments: